RST Introduces ‘Demron-C’ Line of Covid-19 Anti-Viral, Reusable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for Coronavirus First Responders and Healthcare Workers
MIAMI–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Radiation Shield Technologies today announced its introduction of Demron C reusable, full-body, anti-viral personal-protective equipment (PPE) for healthcare workers, first responders, and other high-risk individuals at the frontlines of the Covid-19 pandemic. Demron C is differentiated as a reusable PPE, thereby eliminating the need to continuously replace the traditional single-use, disposable garments that are in scarce supply in today’s healthcare crisis.
RST introduces Demron C reusable, full-body, anti-viral personal-protective equipment (PPE) for healthcare workers, first responders, and other high-risk individuals at the frontlines of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Demron C is developed from the same technology as RST’s Demron line of anti-terrorism Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) protective garments, which for years have been used by the U.S. military and many international first responder and military teams. Specifically, Demron C is tailored to fit the needs of the healthcare and first responder community for durable, cost-effective, anti-viral PPE.
“Within the crowded, chaotic environments at hospitals, emergency rooms and fire rescue departments, Demron C provides the protection that professionals on the frontlines need to save lives and stay productive – and safe—throughout the entire workday,” said Ronald DeMeo, M.D., the surgeon who invented and patented RST’s Demron technology almost 20 years ago.
Some facts about RST’s new Demron C:
- The only protective Anti-Viral suit that is both impermeable to fluids and breathable. This enables continuous daily use with minimal heat stress
- May be worn under protective disposable garments by healthcare workers and first responders caring for patients, enabling them to remain protected while simply removing and replacing the disposable garments between each patient
- Lightweight, cool and comfortable
- Easily washable with regular soap and water
- A cost-effective, multi-use solution helping reduce the infection risk of healthcare workers and first responders, enabling them to stay longer in the workforce
In addition to military and first responder teams, Demron has been used for years by U.S. CST teams, the FDNY, IAEC, DSTA, and NASA. The U.S. Army recently joined forces with Miami-Dade Fire Rescue in a nuclear disaster exercise that showcased the Demron product line.
Editor’s Notes: Interviews may be coordinated upon request. Copies of the certification documents, scientific studies, research, photographs, and graphics are available.
Radiation Shield Technologies